First of all i would like to thank everyone who had contributed articles with our old system. We are gradually removing the old “guest author” system, in favor of building a better community with more involved authors that actually care for this site and it’s readers and share our vision to educate.
Thanks to our loyal readers we have grown from a small one person blog, to a daily visited destination of thousand creatives and this wouldn’t have been possible without their love and support! So the least we can give in return is quality and a wealth of information. Make your ideas art is a non profit blog, and we accept the minimum amount of advertising in order to support the running expenses of the website.
How can you submit an article?
- First of all make sure you have a unique, interesting and well written article talking about art, that is at least 800+ words.
- We’ll only publish articles of high quality and value to our readers.
- Run your article through Grammarly and make sure it’s original and gets at least 80%.
- We retain the right to remove your article any time (without notice), if it comes to our attention that it’s re-spinned, stolen, inaccurate or outdated.
- Send us your article via email as a .doc file and not inline in the emails’ body!
- All our links are no-follow, and links that we don’t feel that will add value to our readers will be removed.
- If what you are looking for, are follow links, you are pitching the wrong blog!
- You don’t really have to include any images, our kind editor will find one fitting and properly licensed and save you the fuss!
- If you insist to include an image, all images included in the articles must either be creative commons with proper attribution, public domain with proper attribution, or have an explicit permission from the copyright holder to publish them here (again with proper attribution). Attach them in your e-mail as .jpg and include the proper citations at the end of the article.
- Don’t forget to include your short bio and credit at the end of the article.
- Always include the appropriate credit – attribution wherever is necessary!
Promotion to Author
In order to make you an author account you’ll need:
- Having 5 accepted and published articles in our blog
- a gravatar enabled e-mail (so that your avatar will get displayed next to your bio in your author archives page).
- a short bio (where you can include an additional key-worded link)
- a Google+ link (required to establish your author rank).
Finally in order for your authorship to be established you need to add http://makeyourideasart.com/, in the “Contributor to” section of your G+ profile.
Email us the links to your articles and the above information and we’ll set you up an author account.
Before sending us a pitch make sure you read and understand the above terms and conditions!
To get started drop me an email!
Or fill in the contact form: