Headshot is a type modern day portrait where the photograph tries to reflect the personality of the photos subject (person). Headshots are primarily used in three fields- entertainment industry, fashion industry and the corporate sector. Corporate Headshots photographers can be called in for a variety of purposes.
The major uses of corporate headshots are as follows –
- Annual reports of companies
- Candidate resumes (non standard)
- Company catalogue, corporate brochures, advertising and promotional materials
- For use in publications and websites of a company both internal and external.
- For use in Press releases and other major announcements
- For use in marketing materials
- For use in newspapers, magazines and online articles.
Features of a good corporate headshot
A good corporate headshot will feature these following attributes that will set it apart from not so good ones.
- Quality – A corporate headshot must look professional and refined. It needs to leave a good, lasting impression. The photographer should have the proper equipment, should know the right techniques and should possess the talents to deliver impressive headshots.
- Natural looking appearance – the subject of the photo should look relaxed during the shoot. Professional photographers know techniques that will make a person feel comfortable. They talk, play soothing music etc. as methods of relaxation.
- Highlighting of the personality – A good headshot will reflect the person’s strength of character. It will show traits like self confidence, sense of humour, kindness, intelligence, and other positive traits that a person should have.
- Styling – Unless the headshot is for a specific job, or looking to attract a specific type of clientele, formal business attire should be worn by the subject. Your hair should be neatly arranged and accessories should look appropriate with the dress.
How to prepare for a shoot
- Preparation – make all the necessary arrangements beforehand. From what to wear to when to shoot, fix everything in advance so that the photo session is smoothly over.
- Relax – you should get a good night’s sleep before the headshot session. This will help you to feel relaxed and bring about your natural look.
- Attire – Dark clothes are more suitable for this purpose. Experts’ have advised to avoid turtleneck or short sleeve shirts. Also too loud checks or stripes should be avoided. A simple dark colour suit is considered by most to be the best.
- Facial look – Men should get a good shave. Heavy beards are ok if they are part of your normal look. But unattended stubbles should be cleared away. Ladies should be very careful about the makeup. It should neither be too heavy, nor too light. If you generally do not use makeup then you should try some for the photo session. It is better if you do not get a new kind of hair cut before the photo session.
- The photographer – always brings experienced photographers to shoot corporate headshots as these photos will be used in the professional field.
Featured image: CC – Attribution Photo by ChrisDag on Flickr – source
Washington,DC is the latest hub for budding up passionate corporate photographers who can capture and enhance anyone’s zeal to work and personalities within the snapped photos. There are plenty of DC Corporate headshots photographers , but we will have to wisely select the most eligible among hem depending on his/her previous works.
Article publié pour la première fois le 21/02/2013