Published on March 8th, 2013 | by Guest Author0
8 Photos I Wish Never Existed
1. Yearbook photos. All my school yearbook photos should disappear in the face of earth. “Next!” was the only thing the photographer said to me. Hey, come on! Shouldn’t you count to three so I can put on my best smile? Jerk. Thanks to you, my yearbook photo is going to haunt my grandkids forever!
2. Braces photos. Having to wear braces for two years was already a nightmare. Flipping through old albums and being reminded how horrible I look with braces (and glasses) only rubs salt in the wound. Luckily, I can smile with confidence after enduring two years of soft food.
3. Bad hair days. They are funny to look at but not funny to be framed and hung in the living room. Mom, stop embarrassing me in front of all our relatives! To make matters worse, my mom likes to give detailed explanations of each picture to family members that come over to visit.
4. What was I wearing?! Admit it. You have at least one photo that caused you to constantly ask your mother why, why did she let you out the house dressed like a clown. Bell bottom jeans, grandmother floral dress, shirt tucked in, knee socks… I think I am going to drink myself to sleep tonight.
5. Baby photos. “Aww, is that your brother?” No, that’s me. I don’t want to sound narcissistic but I was a cute baby…if I was a boy. I had fresh cut short hair. I wore multi-pocket shorts and light-up sneakers. I was a stylish kid, but no one told me I was going to be called a tom boy for the next ten years. If only I can travel back in time, I would wear pink dresses and ribbons.
6. Taken too soon. Was that a wink or an eye twitch? Everything about the photo looks great except my left eye blinked. All I am missing is an eye patch and a hook. “Arrr! Captain, please lock this photo in the treasure chest deep under the sea!”
7. It was cool at the time… I missed the confidence but not the outfit. I wish magazines can predict fashion trends fifteen years from now so fifteen years later I won’t look like a hot mess!
8. Kisses with ex. Deleting photos of you and your ex on Facebook does not erase the memories of the time spent and the words said. Learn your mistake. Think twice before taking a picture of you kissing your boyfriend (girlfriend).
Featured Image: Royalty free stock by sxc.hu – source
Article by Li Chen
Li Chen is a NYC based blogger who loves food adventures and DIY activities listed on Vimbly, a web app that allows you to book activities instantly. She is an adult according to her age but a kid at heart.