Published on February 20th, 2013 | by Guest Author4
10 Quirky Poses: A Picture Worth A Thousand Facebook Likes
Getting your friends to actually pay attention to your pictures is better than having them click the “like” button because depending on how well your friends remember your pictures, it leave them something to talk about the next time they see you. “Like” on the other hand is similar to “LOL,” otherwise known as “I have nothing better to say” or a substitute for not making an effort to start a conversation. What do you have to do in order to leave your friends with something to talk about? I am glad you asked. Next time you are in front of a camera, try these quirky poses!
1. Celebrity wannabe. My sister is the best example. Her typical pose is her awkward Hollywood celebrity pose–placing both hands on her hips and tilting her head up in the air. What’s wrong with pretending the whole world is looking at you? Nothing.
2. No expression. This reminds me of my parents’ old picture album. Was it illegal to smile back in the day? However, vintage is making a comeback and a no expression pose makes a perfect vintage photo!
3. Duck face. There are positive and negative views on the duck face. Although I am not a fan, I do miss the days when we used Pringles to make a duck face–the original duck face.
4. Chubby bunny. Chubby bunny is as cute as it sounds. Like Agnes from Despicable Me, you probably get a fluffy unicorn for making that face.
5. Showing all teeth. My favorite facial expression when I want to cheer someone up or simply to replace “hello.” Did you know that showing all teeth help relax your facial muscles?
6. Puss in boots face. I am a softie. If someone asks for a favor and makes that sad face, I don’t know how to resist.
7. Eye smile. Similar to dimples, an eye smile occurs when someone smiles genuinely (and isn’t faking it!). The eyes curve into a crescent moon shape.
8. Hands on cheeks. Were you inspired by Home Alone or The Scream? Either way, hands on cheeks pose is like T-shirt and jeans. You just can’t go wrong with it!
9. Serious but silly. I once saw a typical day at work photo except it received hundreds of likes on Facebook. It took me a while to notice that the guy is holding a banana instead of a phone. I felt dumb but I’ll admit to having fun solving “What’s wrong with the photo?”
10. Fake mustache. I am usually not a trend follower but there is a charm about a fake mustache. I wanted to take a unique photo and glanced at my eyeliner. I knew exactly what to do. I drew a mustache on my finger and placed it under my nose. I mustache (must ask) you to be part of this new trend!
Article by Li Chen
Li Chen is a NYC based blogger who loves food adventures and DIY activities listed on Vimbly, a web app that allows you to book activities instantly. She is an adult according to her age but a kid at heart.