Designing a website is fun and challenging. While designing a website one has to incorporate several elements such as good content, readability, images and layout. A successful website is one that draws thousands of visits on a daily basis. Over the years the number of websites on the internet has increased tremendously. Some websites are similar to others whereas some are completely different. A well designed website that is unique will grab attention of more visits as compared to a website that is boring and conventional. Today I am going to give you a few useful tips for web designing. Keep in mind that you must incorporate these tips while designing your website.
- Loading speed – you must create fast loading sites. This is a very important tip and will play a pivotal role in the overall success or failure of your website. There is no point in making an attractive and visually appealing website if it takes several minutes just to load. These days’ people have a lot of choices hence they won’t wait for your website to load. Furthermore, poor loading speed leaves a bad impression on the website’s visitors and they might not visit your website again.
- Clear navigation – the information that is available on your website should be easy to navigate. People should not face any sort of difficulties while they are on your website. You must make sure that all important links are strategically placed on your website. Furthermore, you must mention your contact information on the website. Ideally you should add your contact information on the top right corner of your webpage.
- Image selection – all the images that you wish to place on your website should be selected wisely. Keep in mind that the image size has a direct relation with the loading speed of your website. Large images usually cause the loading speed to decline. Hence, whenever you use images make sure that they are compressed. Furthermore, avoid using Gif images as they are not visually appealing and can cause
- Browser compatibility – your website should not be accessible on only 1 browser. While designing your website make sure that it is compatible with at least the popular web browsers including Firefox and chrome.
- White spaces – don’t fill up your website with images, flashy text and colorful fonts. Use a lot of white spaces on your website. Keep in mind that if you bombard your website’s visitors with too much text and images they might get confused and leave your website. Too much text and images don’t even look good. Keep things simple and straightforward. On the other hand, you must use professional looking font. Don’t use too much capital letters and long sentences. Your text should be too the point and precise.
The bottom line is that all web designers should think out of the box and create useful websites. People who are looking to enter into the field of web designing should do their home work first. Study about the trends in web design and look for new ways to create successful websites. Meanwhile, successful websites are not difficult to create. All you have to do is some research and follow the tips that I have mentioned above. Your website will be the face of your business; hence it must be designed professionally.
Featured Image: Creative Commons – Attribution by Jayel Aheram
Article by Chris Turner
The author of this article Chris Turner has been passionately involved in the online marketing for over 6 years. Even though the online marketing world has changed a lot on recent years Chris says “it is more enjoyable than ever”. Chris is from Eureka SEM a web design newcastle firm.