What difference is there between Ban and Criminalization of a Web Site?
First of all it is good to clarify what is a penalty and what is the ban of a website.
Criminalization of the Web site or Web page
What does it mean that a page or site has been penalized by Google?
A website is considered penalized when one or more pages, the first placed permanently with certain keywords, undergo a sudden collapse and no longer placed in the top positions. When a site or specific pages of a site is penalized, are indexed in the indexes of the engine, but are downgraded in the SERPs (an acronym for Search Engine Results Page ), which results pages of search engine.
In practice, the penalty is a ” downgrading “of the site or a web page that involves the loss of positions in the SERPs .
The penalty is usually a “downgrading” of positions within the engine’s results pages .
► The Google penalties are usually of two types :
- penalties algorithmic / automatic : algorithms applied by the search engine
- Penalties Manual : manually applied by the Google team
► Some types of Google Penalties are for example:
- Google Penalty -5 : Google this slight disadvantage is the downgrading of a web site from first to sixth place . In practice, if your website has always been at the top of Google searches with a given key, and suddenly finds himself in sixth place, could have suffered this penalty.
- Google Penalty -30 / -90 : page penalized (penalized or pages) is hereby imposed a penalty of TOT positions (30 to 90) so that it no longer appears in the first pages of Google. In practice, if the first page was a well-positioned with a keyword, it will be relegated to positions of XX in Google SERPs.
- Google Penalty -950 : -950 penalty in the event, the page hit by the penalty will only appear after the 95th page of Google SERPs. This is a penalty due to over-optimization or keyword stuffing (Over Optimization Penalty)
- Other Penalties : There are also numerous other types of penalties from Google, for example due to over-optimized backlink in a reduced period of time, the excess of tags, the presence of duplicate content, and more.
Keep in mind that some penalties are often not real penalties, but only of ” fluctuations “.
Ban the Website
What does the site banned from Google?
A site is banned by Google when it is completely excluded from the Google index . In practice even a page of the website is in the archives of Google. The banned site will no longer appear in the results of the engines for any type of query.
How can you tell if a site is penalized or banned?
See if a site is banned is very simple. Just search Google for site: nomedelmiosito.com. If the engine does not return any results, then there is no page in the indices of the engine. Tell if a site is penalized, however, is not always easy and requires a thorough analysis.
Featured Image: Creative Commons – Attribution by SEOPlanter on Flickr
Article by Mohit Maheshwari
Mohit Maheshwari (Google+) is the CEO and strategist of a professional web development company india and a digital marketing agency, New Media Guru. He is also an active blogger and loves to share his experience and knowledge of the web development company india web designing and Internet marketing.